Monday 30 August 2010

The Olive Tree and Me

I climbed and found a wild olive tree
A thousand years in the making
Sat beneath its bows
Watching the world spin by
Keeping its company
Hearing its voice

The sound it made and the sound that made it
Engulfing me

It told me of a past forgotten
Of water and soil that were clean
Of the shelter and life it had given
And of the wrong it had seen

It let me reach into its essence
Understand what it was to be Tree
See the shape and form of its vibrance
See the same shape and form in me

Then I felt the universal connection
Soared on a thermal of synergy
Gloried in incredible perception
Understood, at last, empathy

We stand at the crossroads of discovery
The choices we make must be right
Take each others hands in unity
And walk together into light.

Love to you,
Olive Farmer xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to hear what you think, thanks.